A bit profile of myself.
Legal name: Justine Villarosa (my fullname literally sounds
like a girl so don’t emphasise it much)
Nickname: Dan Abnormal, Dan (Don’t even dare asking about my
past nickname it’s awful)
Age: 17
Birthdate: 19/04/1997
Place: South, Metro Manila
Tagline/s: The Seldom Seen Kid, Meanie Leanie
Citizenship: Filipino
Languages: English (preferably), Filipino, Ilonggo (some
other native language here), and a bit of French
Any Musical Relation?
-
I play guitar, Piano and a bit of violin. But
Piano is my forte.
Aspirations: Successful Architect and/or a band member of an
ideal band similar to the bands I like.
My
childhood is a shame. I used to be very confident when I was kid but I don’t
know what happened. It suddenly changed me. I don’t know how. Maybe from the bullies
in school I think? When I was a kid, I was naturally shy. Until now. It was
hard for me to approach teachers during my elementary. I didn’t even know how
to approach them. I was thinking I might screw the conversation up.
I
didn’t have permanent friends in elementary. I couldn’t also get into the lads
in school for thinking I’m gay. I would see people awkwardly.
Solitude
was my pastime when I was a kid. I loved to be alone, until now. Staying at one
side doing your own world and thinking things in your head when you see the
perspectives of different people by just guessing. I love it that way.
I
learnt guitar when I was 8, when we bought a small guitar from a mall and I
started learning the chords and learning the local songs here (which is pretty embarrassing
for me right now) but when I started playing the Piano I wasn’t allowed to play
the guitar because it gets your fingers very hardy when you play the piano.
I
started my Piano lessons at age 10 when the piano of my grandmother who died
when I was seven transported into our house for several days. I tried reading
the notes of the Philippine National Anthem, that is usually written at the
back of every music notebook, the hard way. My parents saw me playing the Piano
and I started making tunes from it and they saw my potential as a pianist so my
parents enrolled me to a Piano Teacher who would go to our house every week to
teach me Piano Lessons. It lasted for 4 years before becoming a pro.
The
most abyssal part of my life when I met the massive twat. At first I thought he’s
cool. He turned out to be cool when I was in fifth grade. It was the most
traumatic part of my life. I could even remember the twat punching me and
spanking in front of me saying faggot. Yep, the lads in school would think I’m
gay. I hate the reality that this country judges you from what they see from
the outside, not the inside. I would treat the twat as “the most bully of all
bullies”.
In
sixth grade I started earning friends. They’re girls, of course. Lads during
those times would rather hate me for being shit. I didn’t care. I was just
thinking, “at least I earnt friends”. They were just a small group but I can’t
recall how all of us became friends. One time I can recall they all teamed up
against me and I couldn’t remember what I’d done wrong. Unfortunately, the twat
was still my classmate during sixth grade and it pissed me off every time he
would bully me. Until now I’m still angry at him. My whole elementary was a
whole rubbish part of my life.
When
I started High School, one of my closest friends during elementary transferred
to another school. She didn’t informed us. But okay, this was the start of my
shakey-relationships with my friends those times. My other friend would blame
me for something rubbish. Then I and my other friend would blame another friend
for being too bossy. Then our friendships started fading. Until I transferred
to another group.
I
earnt more friends and gained confidence during my High School days. Lads would
still think me as a gay person. I hate it. It felt me standing into another
persona as I gain my confidence. Lads would still call me in different names
but wouldn’t mind about it. I was only carrying on.
I was a fan of Ne-Yo
and I didn’t know how I became a fan of him. I bought one of his albums and I
think I lost it. I don’t care anymore I’m not anymore a fan.
I remember when
my first year adviser got mad at me when I said pathetic in front of him. But I
got mad at him for scolding in front of the class and he also mentioned my
brother about it. I got mad at him for 2 years after that tragedy. I could even
remember when I had to say yes to him but he couldn’t hear me so I got pissed
off and said “oui” instead. He doesn’t speak French so he was like, “What did
he say?”. But currently I don’t care anymore about him and wherever he is right
now, au revoir mate.
People started
calling me “Shaffey”. I didn’t like the nickname people reckoned to me but I
got accustomed to it. Because they were still thinking I’m gay. I hate it. But
I couldn’t speak any further. But it was also my fault, anyway. I didn’t stand
up for myself I just let people rule from everything. It was a rubbish
nickname. They called me like that until my High School graduation. One time I
tried to decide for a new nickname but I ended up having “Dan Abnormal”. “Dan”
is naturally a unique nickname and adding the word “Abnormal” makes it weird
and sophisticated.
I gained
confidence during my third and fourth year, until High School Graduation. But I’m
also the kid who was extremely shy to everyone. Honestly I still have that instinct.
Maybe the confidence I had is like being in another person, but that’s not me.
Sometimes my confidence will spontaneously go down and it will bring back to my
shy self again. And when people compliment me, I don’t know how to react with
it. For me, saying “Thank you” is an act of being boastful so I never do that.
I would just smile awkwardly in response. I naturally do not know how to react
with things and it sometimes bothers me. People need to understand that I’m a
socially-awkward introvert. I looks things in the odd way, that’s why I like
weird people (in a good way).
I did admire
ideal guys sometimes, especially Graham Coxon. From all the guys I admire, he
is the most because we have a lot of things in common. He’s a surreal introvert
that’s for sure. He also doesn’t know so accept compliments and he gets easily
confused with things around him, just like me. I made this in-detail profile of
myself because I read his profile on NME Blur Special Edition and I realised we
have a lot in common. Aside from that, I also idolise his fashion because he’s
indie and his fashion is very sophisticated.
In sports I don’t
like Basketball. I don’t get the fun I need to whilst watching it. It bores me.
I watch Football but I’m not the big fan you’re expecting from me. And I don’t
play any of these sports. Actually I don’t play any sport.
In natural body?
I don’t get fat even though I eat too much but I always grow tall until now. My
last check was like months ago and they said I was 5’7 and recently my friends
told me I grew taller so maybe I’m a six-footer now, hopefully. And I don’t do
exercise. I can’t be arsed.